We are an Early Years class. Our class teacher is Mrs McLeod and our teaching assistants are Mrs Stainthorp, Miss Brownsword and Mrs Verity.
Foundation Stage is all about fun and learning through active, collaborative play. We work together, we play together and we support each other. We love to learn indoors and outdoors. We are creative and love to experiment. Our teachers know what interests us and they provide exciting resources and activities to embed our learning.
Our PE kit and spare clothes stay in school. PE kits are sent home at half-term to be washed. We join our friends at Thornton Watlass School on Friday afternoons (once a fortnight) for Forest School activities; please remember to provide waterproofs and wellies for these visits.
How You Can Help at Home
- Reception children will take home the phonics sounds they are learning each week to practise at home with family.
- Information about our what we learn each week will be in our 'Super Star' books.
- Encourage your child to practise writing their first name as much as possible with the correct use of upper and lower case letters.
- Talk to your children about their day; ask them lots of questions!
- Please try to read with your child every day, and engage them in discussing and retelling stories together. School reading books will be sent home each day; please ensure they are brought to school daily and always write in the Reading Record so we know your child has read at home.
- Count anything and everything! Simple addition, subtraction, division (sharing equally) exercises can be great fun!
- Play games involving counting.
- Encourage your child to solve practical problems.
- Look at shapes around the home and on journeys.
- Look at patterns in the environment.
- Explain when you are measuring at home or in the garden.
- Allow children to handle coins and help them to recognise them.